Помощь - Поиск - Пользователи - Календарь
Полная версия: Юридический Анекдот
Форум Русской Флориды > Консультации и Объявления > Юридические и иммиграционные вопросы
Lev Kobrin
ANECDOTE USEFUL FOR AN ATTORNEY

An old penny pincher had no friends. Just before he died he asked his doctor, lawyer, and pastor to gather around him at bedside.
“I have always heard that you can’t take it with you. But I want to disprove that theory,” he said. “I have $90,000 under my mattress, and when I die, just before they throw the dirt on me at my burial, I want you each to toss in an envelope with $30,000 within.”
The three attended the funeral and each threw his envelope in the grave. On the way back from the cemetery, the pastor said, “I must confess. I needed $10,000 for my new church, so I only threw in $20,000.” The doctor then said, “I must confess too. I needed $20,000 for a new hospital I was opening up, and I only threw in $10,000.”
The lawyer looked at them both and shook his head. He said then, “Gentlemen. I’m surprised, shocked, and ashamed of you. I don’t see how you could dare to go against that man’s final wish. I mean, I threw in my personal check for the full amount.”

Весело? Ну и хорошо, Лев Кобрин.
Гость_Sam
"ТАКИЕ АДВОКАТЫ НАМ НЕ НУЖНЫ!!!"

А адвокат был из Совка? smile.gif
Гость_Наташа
Хороший анекдот!!!
Lev Kobrin
Цитата(Гость_Sam @ Sep 13 2003, 12:06 PM)
"ТАКИЕ АДВОКАТЫ  НАМ НЕ НУЖНЫ!!!"

А адвокат был из Совка?  smile.gif

В "совке" такие только начинаются. А эти (местные) уже давно знают, как отдать все причитающиеся деньги чеком, которым уже никто никогда не воспользуется. Но анекдот действительно прикольный.
Лев Кобрин.
Nika
Lev,
r u an attorney? and if yes, what kind of law do u practice?
i am a 1L
Lev Kobrin
Я занимаюсь иммиграционными вопросами, корпорационными и патентными (intellectual law, трэйд марки, патенты, и т.д.) проблемами, международными договорами и e-commerce.
Лев Кобрин.
Гость_Nika
Lev,
Do you have a BA in Engineering? I heard that to study patent law one needs an engineering background. Also, did you pass the Florida Bar? If so, how was it. People say it's the hardest in the country....Do you use Lexis or West Law at your firm?
I would appreciate if you could reply to my questions.
Nika.
Lev Kobrin
I am using both Lexis-Nexis and West Law, but I prefer Lexis. I have no engineering degree; in case of need, we can always use an expert. I did not take a Florida Bar Exam: and I am not going to. For immigration law (this is federal law) it is not necessary. You can practice in any state.
Bar Exam is really horrible thing. The ABA Journal published an article about the last Bar exams. There were several heart-attacks, loss of consciousness, etc. Every state has its own rule and exams; in LA (Louisiana) you are sitting for the Bar Exam three days, in NY - two. Somewhere you need to write assays, in other place you don't.
By the way, on November 7th (familiar date, isn't?), I will take so-called MPRE (Multistate Professional Responsibility Exam). This is like the first part of the Bar Exam for almost all the states, but they ask for different scores. In February I will have, may be hardiest one (three days, eight hours per day - thirty minutes brake).
Are you law student? Let me know, it is interesting. Can contact me directly at: levkobrin@hotmail.com
Good luck to you, Lev Kobrin.
Гость_Nika
Lev, i wrote you an email.
Have a nice day!
Это текстовая версия — только основной контент. Для просмотра полной версии этой страницы, пожалуйста, нажмите сюда.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.